Listings current as of:
May 5, 2016
Resume must include degree earned (major & minor), graduation month & year, relevant employment dates including month and year, and populations served. Please email a detailed resume to the attention of Angelene Fortune, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com.
(Due to the high volume of candidates received we request no calls please)
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a nationally accredited service provider with facilities in Morganton, Marion and Asheville, NC. We provide an array services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, and McDowell Counties: Assisted Family Living, Assertive Community Treatment Team, B3 Services, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Out Patient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are CARF accredited and CABHA certified.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions within the agency…
- Day Treatment Licensed Therapist (Marion, NC)
- Seeking fulltime experienced licensed clinician to work as part of the Day Treatment Team. Individual must have documented experience with the child mental health population. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of compassionate professionals using solid evidence based, trauma focused models and interventions. Must be available during school hours.
- ACTT Peer Support Specialist (Morganton/Hickory, NC)
- Seeking one FT ACTT Peer Support to provide highly individualized services in the community, promote self-determination, provides coaching, mentoring, and consultation to the consumer to promote recovery, self-advocacy, and self-direction through the promotion of wellness management strategies. PSS will model recovery values, attitudes, beliefs, and personal action to encourage wellness and resilience; provide consultation to team members to assist in understanding of recovery. Experience with the population served is preferred as well as a working knowledge of the resources available within the local communities.
- Burke Integrated Health Director (E. Parker Road, Morganton, NC)
- A Caring Alternative, LLC is seeking to hire a F/T experienced program administrator to oversee day to day operations of a fast paced, growing Integrated Health Center. This position is a key liaison between the primary care team, behavioral health team, and the Burke Integrated Health (BIH) Governance Board. The Director (under the direction of the board) will collaborate with all partnering agencies to develop programs, address service needs and issues, maximize resources to ensure that program and consumer needs are met. Candidate will require demonstrated leadership and strong management skills, experience with marketing and public relations, understanding of non-profits, DHHS compliance requirements, development and maintenance of policy and procedures, and provide supervision to staff. Knowledge of behavioral & physical health care and local resources highly preferred.
- School Based Outpatient Therapist (Asheville City Schools, NC)
- Seeking licensed or provisionally licensed clinicians to work in collaboration with Asheville City School staff to provide school based therapy, group therapy and family therapy to students and their families. Therapists should value a team environment and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a value-based agency committed to promoting and supporting growth within our local community. Therapist will have the opportunity to collaborate with teachers, guardians, stakeholders and agency leadership to help develop programming and ensure service delivery that promotes wellness and growth. Therapist will conduct assessments, develop treatment plans, and help link to community supports and resources.
- $2,000 Sign-On BONUS! ACT Team Leader (Morganton/Hickory, NC)
- Seeking licensed or provisionally licensed MH professional to work with a team of talented, dedicated professionals. Must have three years post graduate experience in providing treatment to adults with severe & persistent mental illness & substance abuse disorders. The Team Leader will oversee operations of the team as well as provide clinical oversight of the services. Must be willing to travel. Prefer candidates who have supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience. Selected candidate will receive a $2,000.00 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment.
- Individual Support Specialist (Morganton, NC)
- Seeking Paraprofessionals, Associate Professionals, and/or Qualified Professionals, preference to those who meet criteria or currently certified as a Peer Support Specialist, to provide services to adults who have a serious mental illness (SMI) or a serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI). This position is responsible for providing training and assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) including preparing meals, managing money, shopping for household necessities, using the telephone, housecleaning, laundry, transporting the individual to access the community, medication management, supervision and cuing, in order for individuals to live independently in the community.
- F/T QP for Day Treatment (Asheville City Schools, NC)
- Seeking individual interested in serving as an F/T Child QP in a Day Treatment classroom in Asheville City Schools. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of compassionate professionals using solid evidence based, trauma focused models and interventions. Prefer candidates with documented experience with the child mental health population.
- McDowell County Day TX QP (Marion, NC)
- Seeking individual for QP Day Treatment position within McDowell County. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of compassionate professionals using solid evidence based, trauma focused models and interventions. Prefer a QP with documented experience with the mental health population.
A Caring Alternative, LLC is also accepting applications and/or resumes for the following as we plan for future growth. A timeframe for the availability of these positions is unknown.
- Provisional and Licensed Clinicians
-All applicants must be deeply committed to high quality of care for the client.
-Many positions require travel on a daily basis in the local community in order to provide skill building and supportive counseling and to assist the consumer to develop critical daily living and coping skills.
All individuals must meet these additional requirements…
- Must have clean driving record and current NC driver’s license.
- Must have successful criminal background check and two satisfactory references.
A Caring Alternative prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, national origin, ancestry, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran or draft status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or associational/political preference.